Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tie Onesies

     Recently I saw an infant at church wearing a tie onesie.  I thought it was the coolest and cutest little outfit for a boy and upon googling it discovered tie onesies are all the rage right now.  I jumped on the bandwagon and made some of my own this past week.

     They were really simple.  All I did is iron the fabric onto wonder under (which I got on sale for $1/yd), cut out the shape using a pdf file from a blog, iron it onto the onesie and then I sewed around the edge as an insurance policy on the wonder under.  It seriously took no time at all.  Here's me after finishing the first one: 

    I'm super excited, not only because they are darn cute and our little guy is going to be such a stud at church, but because this is my first crafty project for our baby boy.  Making something for him makes it so much more real!  It's one thing to buy things and start stocking up on hand-me-downs and baby furniture (note the Pottery Barn crib in the background that I got for free off of Craigslist... Jackson surprised me and put it together the other day so we could make sure all the parts were there.  The parts were there and the crib makes me smile) it's another thing to dedicate my time, energy, and creativity to making something for our first child.  Here's the 2nd completed one: 
     You better believe I'll be making more.  They are so cheap to make and an easy way to dress our son up for church.  And maybe I'll try my hand at making some and selling them on Etsy... people are charging $12-$20 for these things!  
     Anyway, happy 31 weeks, the time is winding down!  Baby Calame will be here before you know it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment