Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Crib!

     I am so excited about my craigslist purchase from today that I just have to blog about it right this instant.  Once upon a time I registered for a gorgeous and timeless bedding set at Babies R Us.   Last week I found out it was discontinued and couldn't find it ANYWHERE online.  I tried everything.  I freaked out, might have cried a little bit, and felt like the world could never be right again because my beloved crib bedding was nowhere to be found.  I stopped by Babies R Us and my emotions stabilized as I saw 3 bedding sets left on the shelf (the website made it seem like they were gone since you couldn't buy them online anymore).  I impulsively bought the set, knowing I could return it later after I regained my rationality.  And return it I did, because $200 is ridiculous for a 4 piece bedding set!
     After getting my money back I began an intense Craigslist search for the perfect bedding for our little boy's nursery.  The search ended with today's gem of a purchase:


     I LOVE IT!  So colorful and lots of different texture.  Check out the edge of the quilt with it's home quilted look: 


     Here's the whole effect: 


     Yes our crib is currently in the living room.  Our lease is up next month and we will be moving into a 2 bedroom at which time I will let my creative crafting energy loose and decorate a cute little nursery!  So, here's what I got:  2 sheets, 1 quilt, crib bumper (not pictured), crib skirt, and diaper holder all for $30.  Awesome.  AND, the beautiful blue Pottery Barn Crib was free off of Craigslist and the mattress was only $15.  So, the whole outfitted crib only cost $45 total.  This is not the first time I have pledged my allegiance to craigslist.  I love it.  Such a great way to be frugal and yet not compromise quality and good looks.  
     I'm on a "I have to get every little thing ready for the baby" kick right now.  Feeling that intense need to organize and make sure we're ready for his arrival.  He will be full term in a week and a half and will come whenever he decides to make his debut sometime in the next 4 weeks.  We're so excited.  Hooray for becoming a family of 3! 



1 comment:

  1. Wow... you twisted and incomplete story teller!

    Let me add some minor details:
    So Natausha comes home with crib bedding from Baby's R Us that she is so proud of herself for finding after stressing about it way too much. I asked her, "How much did you spend?" bracing for impact. "$194" she replies, as I feel the wind get sucker punched out of me. "What?! Take it back! That's INSANE!"
    Oh man did I ever have a protest from her. You would have thought I said "Take the baby back"! Between, "We'll never find another one like it" and "It's getting too close to delivery to find another" she begrudingly agreed.
    $45. that's all I have to say. $.4.5.
    Of course it's only right that we go through this nightmare-intensive stress for everything we buy for the baby but maybe someday we can enjoy these experiences as much as we enjoy the rest of our life by realizing that everything can be found at an affordable price if you look in the right places. :)

    ReplyDelete