Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 6 of Overtime

I'm going to catch up here briefly.  So, back to Day 6 of Overtime: 


I had no signs of labor and there were lots of exciting events going on back in San Antonio - my sister-in-law was going through the temple for the first time, one of my best friends was going to be in town for her sister's wedding, and another best friend was coming home from her mission.  I figured we might as well go down to San Antonio and enjoy the weekend while waiting for the baby, if I did go into labor it would be a little over an hour and a half to the hospital back in Austin.  Doable.

So, while Jackson was at work, I readied everything for the trip.  We loaded up the hospital bag and car seat, just in case, and headed down to San Antonio.  Jackson had been working his tail off and getting hardly any sleep for the previous few weeks and so the 9 month pregnant woman was the driver:



Notice:  9 month pregnant woman driving, husband curled up with the pregnancy pillow and feet on the dash.  Awesome.  

Don't worry, I was more concerned about his health and the need for sleep than I was about driving 100 miles.  

     We were able to attend the temple session with Veronica and it was wonderful.  I even ran into Maria (the best friend in town for wedding) and her family as I entered the temple.  I'm so happy we were able to share in Veronica's special night and it was fun to go out to eat after and chat with friends and family into the late hours of the night.  We ended the night by staying at a friend's house and crawling into the amazingly soft bed in their guest bedroom.  That bed is so incredible that we pass up staying with 3 different options of households with family members when we visit San Antonio.  Our friends Brit and Rick who provide the bed and consistently delicious breakfasts are pretty awesome too!

With Veronica after the session 


No comments:

Post a Comment