Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 2 of Overtime

     Monday:  Jogging Sunday night was a terrible idea! I was so sore the next day with some intense pelvic pressure and soreness. I spent much of my day on the phone with various people and going back and forth about being induced on Wednesday.  After debating and examining my own personal feelings I decided to go ahead and cancel my inducement date.  I'm nowhere near in agreement with the opinionated doula that offered her advice and caution against inducement, but I do know that I felt more comfortable giving the baby some more time to come on his own.  I figure going into labor naturally is an obvious preference to forcing my body and the baby into it before they are good and ready.  Besides, I like the element of surprise.  It's weird to me to schedule the birth of my baby.  Also, I would prefer to not have that medical of an experience.  So, I canceled and made an appointment to see my doctor on Thursday for a routine weekly check-up.
   Then, I tried the next labor-inducing old wive's tale: pressure points and essential oils. A lady in my ward is a massage therapist and offered her services. I went over to her house and she ended up working on my legs and feet for almost 2 1/2 hours! She was such a doll, and made it her personal challenge to reduce the swelling. She did fabulous. Didn't get rid of it by any means but my feet and legs were smaller than they've been in a VERY long time. And it felt so good! She sent me home with a mix of oils to rub on my belly and lemon to put in my water.  Labor still didn't come but I won't complain about that intensely long massage!
     I went home and made a blueberry buckle cake really fast for an FHE treat.  We had a group FHE at a friend's house and the cake was a huge hit.  I highly suggest trying it.  Follow the link to the recipe and add about 1/3 cup uncooked oatmeal to the topping.  Delicious!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment