Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 4 of Overtime

Wednesday:  My high spirits were on vacation today.  I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked and I was just overall in a blah mood.  I couldn't bring myself to clean so I spent the day fiddling around and cutting out fabric pieces for my diaper bag.  I'm so glad my back doesn't yell at me anymore when I'm up and down on the floor!  Our friends Donny and Aleksandra invited us over for dinner so I met up with Jackson at their house.  Aleksandra is from Poland and made a delicious meal that I can't pronounce let alone spell, but it was full of all kinds of meat and sausage and sauerkraut.  I was a huge fan.  Old wive's tale to bring on labor for today:  eat spicy food.  Done.
     After dinner I was feeling especially emotional and wasn't sure why.  Jackson took me into a different room and cuddled me on the couch and got me talking the way he is so good at doing.  Once I started talking I realized that I had talked to like 20 people that day who all asked the same questions - "When's that baby going to come?  What's your plan for housing?  Are you buying the house you've been looking at?  Are you staying in your apartment?  Are you staying in the ward?  Will you have family stay with you after the baby comes? " etc.  I had no answers for any of it.  I just said "I don't know" over and over and over and over and over.  That for some reason takes it's toll on you.  Especially when I am a planner.  It doesn't matter if my plans come to pass or change every day, I just need to have one.  So anyway, Jackson worked his magic and got me feeling much better and resolved some concerns about our plans.  I went home and spent the rest of the evening content to sew my diaper bag.  It's going to be super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment