Friday, August 5, 2011

July

     I do believe it is time to update our blog!  No, the baby still hasn't come.  You can stop reading now if you want, I know that's really why you continued reading after the first sentence...
     Even though we still are lacking the 3rd member of our family, I figured I would give a brief update on this past month.  First of all, we have been house hunting.  We have learned a ton in the process of applying for a mortgage and working with a mortgage broker.  We found a house that we love but are not so sure about moving away from the area of town we live in.  We are still putting off the decision and remaining content in our apartment complex that we are convinced is the best complex you could ever ask for.
      We have also survived an abnormally HOT month!  During the entire month of July there were only 3 days when the high was below 100 degrees - and on those 3 days it was 99 degrees.  We're going on the 18th day straight of over 100.  And we're talking 105 and 106 degrees, consistently.  Try being 9 months pregnant in that!  I'm sure it has contributed to this:

     No I have not gained 100 pounds.  I know it looks like I have.  And yes, I used to have legs like the girl behind me in this picture.  I tell you what, swelling is no fun!  We measured my calf the other day at 16.5 inches!  I was amazed.  It took one of Jackson's hands and one of mine to reach all the way around it.  I describe it as feeling like my calves are about to split open combined with shin splints.  I also had to break down and pry my wedding ring off of my finger and stow it away as my fingers have taken to swelling as well.  I do miss that ring! 
     We also survived our first real illness as a married couple.  Jackson came down with a bad case of strep throat.  After 3 days of a 103 degree fever that I just couldn't break with over the counter medicine, cold cloths, and cool baths, we finally took him in.  Here's Jackson in a cold bath waiting for a couple of friends of ours to come over and give him a blessing: 

     Poor guy.  He was miserable!  I was amazed at how quickly I jumped into a motherly role and forgot about my own pregnancy symptoms and was able to get up multiple times a night to take care of him and  monitor his fever.  Once he was diagnosed with strep and we got some penicillin in him he recovered quite quickly.  
     On July 18 we celebrated my birthday.  It happened to be 24 hours after Jackson had started on antibiotics and despite still feeling quite under the weather he surprised me and took me to see Harry Potter 7.2.  He felt so bad that he was sick on my Birthday.  I still had a great day though, complete with a manicure and pedicure (compliments of my mother-in-law) and a night of scrabble during which I finally beat Jackson!  
     Other than that, Jackson is still the entrepreneur and has started a new venture that I will let him explain but that we are pretty excited about.  I am officially on maternity leave as of one week ago and have been nesting like crazy.  I feel better than I have in months!  Such energy, it's amazing!  
     The crib is made, the hospital bag packed, and the car seat ready.  Our baby boy is due tomorrow.  I sure hope he starts making his way into the world because we are very ready to meet him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment